Trojan Horse virus

Steven12 said:
he is right, you hopefully wont get the same one if you change your address.
I'm not changing my address, only for the spam to start all over again

Maurice said:
This morning I got an email; From Post Office, Subject, delivery; "Viruses found in the attached files, The file instruction zip Trojan Horse, back door generic JBT, the attachment was moved to the virus vault"

I opened the virus vault, "Action, moved object; infected"

The virus arrived today at 08.05, as I've only received mail from CV today, could it have come from there, if not, how?
The info from AVG is long & very specific, for example, "Return path. mailer-daemon @ [my email address], received from me wanadoo net [local host] by mwin 3001 by mewin 3001 freeserve.com, recd from 192 168 120 11 unknown" etc, etc, could the techies among you decypher this gobbledygook please, & tell me how I did get it.

Thanks, Maurice.
help.gif

Maurice,
Sorry i might be a bit late but i thought just to let you know kinda thing.

I know what you mean, you gotta be careful, dont open any email(attachments specially) from anyone you dont know. Even then you gotta becareful. And when it has something like~
"Return path. mailer-daemon @ [my email address], received from me wanadoo net [local host] by mwin 3001 by mewin 3001 freeserve.com, recd from 192 168 120 11 unknown" etc, etc,
It might mean that you 'supposedly' sent a email to some and getting it back, but it might be the virus/trojan trying to trick you(i could be wrong tho)

Maurice said:
I contacted my techie this morning, [loooong time in the business] he tells me that there's no way I can stop these trojans, except to change my e-mail address, even then, I'd be getting them again in a matter of weeks, & said that as long as AVG keeps locking in the vault, it's OK, comments on this please.

Maurice

As for AVG, thats one bad thing thats anoying and a real hassle, the virus 'vault', i dont mean to alarm you but why its a 'vault' it says its safe and not effecting your comp, but really there not prof(sp) that it infact is. The best way i found is to get rid off your comp, for good(hopefully) is to delete it off the virus vault and comp. Sometimes you may not, but it deppens on the trojan/virus etc.
(i did a screenscap for you)
eg:

Hope that helps and you get it all sorted out.

p.s i miss Seti too :(

x.x.x
G.G

geek_gal said:
Maurice,
Sorry i might be a bit late but i thought just to let you know kinda thing.

I know what you mean, you gotta be careful, dont open any email(attachments specially) from anyone you dont know. Even then you gotta becareful. And when it has something like~
"Return path. mailer-daemon @ [my email address], received from me wanadoo net [local host] by mwin 3001 by mewin 3001 freeserve.com, recd from 192 168 120 11 unknown" etc, etc,
It might mean that you 'supposedly' sent a email to some and getting it back, but it might be the virus/trojan trying to trick you(i could be wrong tho)

As for AVG, thats one bad thing thats anoying and a real hassle, the virus 'vault', i dont mean to alarm you but why its a 'vault' it says its safe and not effecting your comp, but really there not prof(sp) that it infact is. The best way i found is to get rid off your comp, for good(hopefully) is to delete it off the virus vault and comp. Sometimes you may not, but it deppens on the trojan/virus etc.

Hope that helps and you get it all sorted out.

p.s i miss Seti too :(

x.x.x
G.G

I am assured by that techie that once in the AVG vault, it cannot do harm, & deleting items from there is OK, what leads you to doubt the guy, who is around 40, & very experienced in all things IT, running that business for many years now? Previously, regarding previous viruses I have had several members tell me, categorically that the vault is safe, & deleting from there is also

Maurice

Well i was just going by from my own experience but im wrong.

Sorry then...i was just trying to help but yet again it gets thrown back in my face..

geek_gal said:
Well i was just going by from my own experience but im wrong.

Sorry then...i was just trying to help but yet again it gets thrown back in my face..
Hey hey LL, [lovely lady] I was only telling you what I was told, don't take offence please!

Maurice, friends?

Maurice said:
Hey hey LL, [lovely lady] I was only telling you what I was told, don't take offence please!

Maurice, friends?

Aw shucks.. thanks kind sir! Of course friends i have said it before to someone on cf before ..
" Im not here to make friends, tho, if i have and did that would be a big bonus but im also not here to make enemies... i have anof of them on the 'outside' world" :rolleyes:
:p Maurice, you know i think your a good guy(man you no what i mean lol).

Hey so how did it go with the problem, all fixed now?
No more recurrences(sp)?

x.x.x
G.G

Hey so how did it go with the problem, all fixed now?
No more recurrences(sp)?

x.x.x
G.G

I guess you mean the medical problem, they're still sorting it out, I sometimes despair of our hospitals!

Maurice xxx

Maurice said:
I guess you mean the medical problem, they're still sorting it out, I sometimes despair of our hospitals!

Maurice xxx

:eek:Im gunna pm you now..

I ment the Trojan but yeah..

x.x.x
G.G

my dad gets that virus email on average once a week
as for the norton and mcafee thing, they aren't free so they suck (just an opinion)

Back
Top Bottom