Some New Virus Is Killing My Computer!!!

AnonymousI said:
In that case, you should replace the surge protector. A surge protector is not supposed to turn off all the devices. It is designed to absorb the extra voltage. If the surge goes over the max voltage and/or amp rating, then a fuse (failsafe device) inside the surge protector blows out and causes all the devices on it to shut off so that there would be no damage to the devices from the surge.

The unexpected outage can corrupt data on an HD if its writing data on the disk. If its at night, most likely there would be no corrupt data cause no ones using it. In your case, your user profile is most likely corrupted - no big problem. All you have to do is back up important things in "my documents" and the desktop to a folder on the hard drive (more preferably a removable device) NOT the desktop.

To delete a user profile:
-create a new ADMIN account
-login to that account
-right click my computer and select properties
-go to advanced~>User Profiles~>Settings
-delete the profile of the user that has the problem
-Also, delete the USER'S folder in: C:\Documents and Settings\[User] where [user] is the user from step 5
-restart the comp

Upon doing this, windows will create a new user profile when the problem user logs back in. Any changes to the user's environment (My documents, start menu, and desktop) WILL BE DELETED.

well i jsut made the new account and it didnt work. im not gettin any icons on the desktop.

<EDIT> yes i can run cmd.exe.

AVWUPSRV.exe=AntiVir Software Update Service for Windows
wbload.exe=WindowsBlinds Stardock
wmiprvse or wmiprvse.exe=Microsoft Windows Management Instrumentation
IAANTMon.exe= Intel Application Accelerator Component

The Tech Place said:
AVWUPSRV.exe=AntiVir Software Update Service for Windows
wbload.exe=WindowsBlinds Stardock
wmiprvse or wmiprvse.exe=Microsoft Windows Management Instrumentation
IAANTMon.exe= Intel Application Accelerator Component
lol oh well my bad...

AnonymousI said:
I suggest that you reformat.
could you tell me how to do that? im not exactly sure how to reformat a computer...

<EDIT> that means that i loose everything right?

Back
Top Bottom