Flashing K7S5A Pro Bios....Advice???

smithman01

Baseband Member
My rig: K7S5A Pro Mobo
1.8 AMD Duron AppleBred Processor
1 Gig PQI PC2100
ATI Radeon 700X AGP Video Card

I want to juice my system a little bit more and I heard that by flashing the BIOS with Cheepoman I could get some more FSB past 133/133. Is this a good idea??? This would be my first BIOS flash and I've heard many horror stories, please give me some advice and some helpful websites to go to. Thanks guys

smithman01 said:
My rig: K7S5A Pro Mobo
1.8 AMD Duron AppleBred Processor
1 Gig PQI PC2100
ATI Radeon 700X AGP Video Card

I want to juice my system a little bit more and I heard that by flashing the BIOS with Cheepoman I could get some more FSB past 133/133. Is this a good idea??? This would be my first BIOS flash and I've heard many horror stories, please give me some advice and some helpful websites to go to. Thanks guys

Don't flash BIOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. those horror stories are what most likly to happen to you.

There is nothing wrong with flashing the BIOS, I have done it many times to many systems. Just follow the manufacturers instructions exactly. Also make sure you don't turn your system off or reboot it during the flash, becuase if you do your motherboard will become a paper weight.

I still think it's to big of a risk. It's a lot of money to gamble with, especially if you don't have the money to replace it.

Thanks for the help guys, I really want to get some more out of this system but I think I'll just stick with what I got and be happy it's working properly for now. Anyway, I'm not too much of a computer guru to know how to do it anyway but it would be nice to experiment. :D

personally i would flash the BIOS! but thats my own opinion. Ive never had any problems, either when i trained or in normal days. hope this helps

matt

Back
Top Bottom