Slowdown at boot-up...USB?

Laxgoalie1

In Runtime
I've been trying to solve this for 1 month. Whenever I boot up my pc, after that black screen that says windows is preparing to start up, and before the blue when where you click the account user the screen turns black for 3min! BUT! If I take the USB's out, and doesnt take any time at all. I have a Epox EP-9NPAJ MOBO, please help me out.

hmm...weird, do you have the latest drivers for your motherboard?
and what do you have that is usb?

Yes i do have the latest drivers already up dated, and i have a mouse/keyboard/audio thingy/joystick for usb

You may be having a conflict with the resources (IRQs) setting that your USB controller is using.
The first thing to do is to get the latest USB drivers for your Motherboard. This may be bundled with the chipset drivers. Pay a visit to the manufacturer's web-site and perhaps forums for similar issues.
Go into Device manager->Hardware and View-> Devices by Type menu. Expand the IRQ tree and post a screenie or tell us which devices are sharing IRQs.

Also have a look at what programs are starting up. Go to sart menu->Run and type in msconfig. Goto Start Tab and post a screenie of that.

To post a screenie, press ALT-tab and go into paint. Paste onto a new canvas and save the image as a JPEG. Then goto imageshack and upload the image and post a direct link to that image here.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom