Some New Virus Is Killing My Computer!!!

I know what you mean, but just check it to be sure. :) Happens to me sometimes for no reason. Please report back

sure brb will edit soon

<EDIT>if my operating system loads but my desktop dosent will dosent that mean that its connected?

<EDIT>no all is connected. any other idea's?

Hmmm, what happens to your screen. Is it blank, as in no signal to the computer? Try bringing the res to the defult setting, or lowest

no im gettin picture. and i cant right click or anything liek that. there is no desktop. my computer is really slow because i can get to the desktop and nothing happens. i can hit ctrl+alt+del and then i can create new tasks but they are super slow or dont work at all. and most dont work at all

what do you mean. you want me to list all of them? well at the moment its only system processes.... but before on normal start up and not diognostic it looked like there was some suspicious stuff workin on the computer and then i end the processes and then my computer freezes up.

<EDIT> thanks for the help but its dinner time for me ill be back in like 15 minuts maby less. i hope ur still on :)

arrizx said:
well i figured that it wasnt a suge it was just a temp outage. but yes i have my computer stuff plugged into a surge protector and then that protected plugged into anohter one then into the wall. and my computer is only 2 months or so old. so my Hdd cant be failing.

In that case, you should replace the surge protector. A surge protector is not supposed to turn off all the devices. It is designed to absorb the extra voltage. If the surge goes over the max voltage and/or amp rating, then a fuse (failsafe device) inside the surge protector blows out and causes all the devices on it to shut off so that there would be no damage to the devices from the surge.

The unexpected outage can corrupt data on an HD if its writing data on the disk. If its at night, most likely there would be no corrupt data cause no ones using it. In your case, your user profile is most likely corrupted - no big problem. All you have to do is back up important things in "my documents" and the desktop to a folder on the hard drive (more preferably a removable device) NOT the desktop.

To delete a user profile:
-create a new ADMIN account
-login to that account
-right click my computer and select properties
-go to advanced~>User Profiles~>Settings
-delete the profile of the user that has the problem
-Also, delete the USER'S folder in: C:\Documents and Settings\[User] where [user] is the user from step 5
-restart the comp

Upon doing this, windows will create a new user profile when the problem user logs back in. Any changes to the user's environment (My documents, start menu, and desktop) WILL BE DELETED.

first i cant do the virus scan online because no browser will open and i only get to the desktop with no icons. i dont think i can get to that my computer thing but ill see what i can do, brb

wait, uh oh....looks like i found some ......something on my computer that shouldnt be here:
AVWUPSRV.exe
wbload.exe
wmiprvise.exe
IAANTMon.exe
those are just some that dont exactly look like they should be there, but now ima try this profile thing.

this is confusing i dont think that i can do this. because when i log in to my computer i have no chose but to press ctrl+alt+del, and when i do that i click new task and i go browse files then i go to desktop and try to open up control panel to get to the users and i press open and nothing happens.....any alternatives?

Back
Top Bottom