Some New Virus Is Killing My Computer!!!

Half Evil

Golden Master
Hey. We had a power serge during the night sometime and that shut down my computer and then i get home from school and i turn it on and i get no desktop. this is really pissing me off because my friend said there is some new virus out that trys to erase your computer files. and at anyrate i have a virus. i try booting in safe mode and one time i get the desktop and i ramove the google desktop because that was the most recent thing i downloaded. any that wasnt it. i can log in and by the way it takes twice as long as usual. but anyway i can log in to nothing but a moving mouse and background so i hit ctrl+alt+del and i bring that up and the first time i do that i end all the processes that are casuing the cpu to work other then the system idle process of course. and well anyway, i do that and my computer freezes up and i reboot and try something different this time i get on ctrl+atl+del and then i try new process and then i get my virus scan workin, i was using antivir and well that froze up on me and i try that again and then i click new process and then i open up msconfig and i try diognostic setup. that dosent work and neither does normal stary up. also i tried doin the system restore 3 different times. they all say that no changes have been made to the comp and i try it again same thing. i really need to kno wut to do. its a $1300 comp i cant afford to loose it. well at least the hard drive. ugh and my mom is gonna be freakin pissed if she finds out :( any input at all is greatly appreciated. thanks.

I had the same situation, and the cause was a dying harddrive. It'll get worse by making clicking sounds. Back up everything you have as a percaution, no matter what the problem

Cheers! :)

You may want to consider a total reformat which is what i had to do to a client's laptop since he had the exact same problem.

If the harddrive has been fried due to the power surge, most likely it will continue having problems, not matter what you do. (On my personal expirence) You are expirencing some sympthons of a failling harddrive. First the computer freezes, then starts clicking. Then, one day, windows will boot up to say "Missing or Corrupt Files", and will not boot, unless you have some recovery disk.This is because the bad secters(sp) will take over space. This usually cannot be fixed, unless you have some cash. But if anyone knows a way, please share

Cheers! :)

well i figured that it wasnt a suge it was just a temp outage. but yes i have my computer stuff plugged into a surge protector and then that protected plugged into anohter one then into the wall. and my computer is only 2 months or so old. so my Hdd cant be failing.

Oh, but it can. Unexpected outages can cause all kinds of stuff. Have you made sure all the HD are connected?

Cheers!:)

Back
Top Bottom