Compilers?

outlawstar4761

In Runtime
I was wondering if it actually matters what kind of compiler you have. They say "Java Compiler" or "C++ Compliler" but does it actually matter? Can you use one for all languages?

C++ compilers are different from Java compiles like they are different from Visual Basic...

Why, are you planning on getting a compiler?

Yes, they really are different. Saying a program is written in C++ not Java is roughly equivalent to saying that I speak English, but not Japanese. The source code that is written is different, though a lot of languages fall into one or another pattern group. So some can look like they are close enough, but they really aren't.

Amorssang said:
C++ compilers are different from Java compiles like they are different from Visual Basic...

Why, are you planning on getting a compiler?

I wanted to learn C++ so I could try out Linux. But you need a compiler for that don't you?

To use linux? No, I don't think so...I don't use Linux but I'm almost positive you don't need to know c++. The Linux GUI's aren't usually text based anymore unless you got some ghetto version.

outlawstar4761 said:
Well then what language should you know? (If you know)

Just in general? I'd learn c++, it's a popular/powerful coding language.

but you don't need to know any coding to use Linux.

You don't have to write your own programs...it's all open source, people write it for you! :) linux is like a non-gay version of Windows.

Back
Top Bottom