specs:
amd athlon xp 3000+
512 mb
chaintech fx 5500 256 mb
160 gb 7,200 rpm
250 W powersupply
More specs at:http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,119531,00.asp
---------------------------------------------
and i want to upgrade because i dont want to waste money on a new comp so i want to get extra things for this comp and suggestions i need this comp for css bf2 and fear but i have a limite of around 400$

STeven159159 said:
al right i have an hp pavilion a706n
specs:
amd athlon xp 3000+
512 mb
chaintech fx 5500 256 mb
160 gb 7,200 rpm
250 W powersupply
More specs at:http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,119531,00.asp
---------------------------------------------
and i want to upgrade because i dont want to waste money on a new comp so i want to get extra things for this comp and suggestions i need this comp for css bf2 and fear but i have a limite of around 400$

ok your going to need 1gb ram total, and a better video card..try for a AGP 6800nu or maybe a 6600gt. but that means new Powersupply..which is about $50.00 and thats about it

I know your new but thats no excuse for double posting, someone would help eventually

And 400? Lets do this lol

Up your power supply, 250W is not enough to run a stable computer, you'll be shutting off/not turning on all the time. Get a good 550 for about 40 bucks

Get another Stick of 512 DDR400 SDRAM, 50 bucks will probly get you a good stick

Id up your video too, Thats not quite the best you can get lol

Those arent a very varrying part in the computer, Just go to your local computer store and say "I need a 550 Watt Power Supply for under 40 bucks" Act like you know what your doin and dont take bull lol

And if they say "We dont have one under 40 bucks, we have one for 65 over here that lights up and makes little whirly sounds when you push this button" walk out and go somewhere else, The only real thing you have to do is make sure it fits your motherboard and is 550 watts

Yep, all those will work fine :D

The RAM your motherboard supports is DDR400 which is in other words, PC3200, which is what the RAM above is specced at.

The video card is great, honestly, and will push past any game in high framerates and good settings, and that one above is an AGP 8x card, and so your motherboard supports that (looked at the inside picture of the motherboard).

The power supply is universal though in computers, and so you don't have to worry at all about that. Just connect all your existing components up to it, and then add the new ones :p

i hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom