Now here's a question...

UK31337

Fully Optimized
How many of you have heard the expression "Saving up your money for a rainy day"?

Well, what's the point in saving up your money for a rainy day if it's so wet you won't want to go out and spend it?

I've often wondered about that.

just incase this ain't a joke I'll tell u the answer.

By rainy, they mean a bad day. And bad probably as in needing money for something important, like to pay ur rent or buy food, and u don't have any.

if they do mean buy rainly, then why go out, there is always shopping online?

I think the point is that since most indoor activities outside of your house cost money, it's best to save money for rainy days. Outdoor activities are usually free.

You have to read the similes, Rainy normally means gloomy, gloomy normally means bad things are going on
<offtopic>......
Although, Oddly I get hyper when it rains, and when its cold lol

I don't know if its just a coincidence, But you know how you have a prefered weather? Well I was born in late November, and its always cold, smells good, and Well, I like that weather

And most of my friends are like that too, They were born in summer they like summer, Born in a rainy season they like the rainy season, Or maybe born during the snow and christmas time, etc It's quite interesting, So far Ive only found one person that its not the same with, out of over a hundred They liked fall and they were born in spring, so.. *shrug*

lol Very offtopic, sorry, Im in a talkitive mood today, please forgive

I thought it came from the olden days when people were farmers and in the rainy season, crops didn't grow/couldn't sell them or something and so wise people saved their money for 'rainy' days and people still refer to rainy days as thoseof hard times.

malbuc87uk said:
How many of you have heard the expression "Saving up your money for a rainy day"?

Well, what's the point in saving up your money for a rainy day if it's so wet you won't want to go out and spend it?

I've often wondered about that.

It could also mean that on a rainy day, you won't go anywhere so you save up money. I twisted the meaning a bit.

Back
Top Bottom