BootSkin Help!

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
Hi. I am having problems using the latest version of BootSkin. I load BootSkin, select the one I want, restart my computer, then after the Booting screen goes away, it says this:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error scree, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware of software. Disable BIOS memery options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x80586AED, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80586AED)

Can anyone help me? If you want a picture of what it looked like, you can email me at: drumthrasher109@hotmail.com

Sounds like it effed up your registry. Programs that modify things like that are a bit dangerous to use for reasons that should now be obvious to you. I'm not lecturing you or anything; I'm just saying you gotta be careful when editing registry entries like that. Anyway, you should be able to boot into safe mode. From there, uninstall the BootSkin program, and that should fix it. If not, a system restore should do the trick.

try selecting the last known good config option...

If it doesnt help, then use safe mode as spank_fusion said

Back
Top Bottom