Installed new ram and now my computer wont start

papethova

Baseband Member
I just put together a new PC using an intel 945gtpl, pentium d 830, and 4gb of PQI ddr2. Everything was working perfectly until I noticed the ram wasnt at 667mhz. I contacted PQI and they told me to go into bios and manually switch the value to 667. I had to select manual aggressive to do this and I did. When I did that the computer stopped operating, it would just beep and then nothing. I tried moving the jumper on the motherboard and even tried it w/o a jumper all the same result. Now it doesnt even start to beep, its as if the power switch is dead. I get power to the power supply and the motherboard, but using the power switch doesnt do anything.

I have never had this problem before. What are the possible problems??? Solutions?

I cannot access the bios, I was planning on setting everything to default but right now its as if the pc isnt even plugged in.

OK i swapped power supplies and I can power up but I still only get the beep and no access to bios

take out the CMOS(BIOS) battery leave it for about 1-2 hours. put it back in and it should all be set back to default.

No dice guys. It starts up and beeps and the monitor never goes live. I have tried it with the jumper in 1-2, 2-3, and no jumper. I even pulled out 2gb of ram. This is so frustrating!!!!

try taking out the extra ram and see what happens...

Isnt there a limit on the max ram the BIOS and computer can handle? I read somewhere that the limit is 2 gb.

Well it was working with 4gb before I changed the bios setting at the suggestion of the PQI customer support rep. Now it wont even boot up with 1gb.

Back
Top Bottom