What would happen...(memory question)

well I emailed my motherboard manufacturer and they said it will just go down to DDR 400 speeds but it is possible to have it run at DDR 550 speeds

Your going to be making your computer do something it doesn't want to if it is possible. this is only going to lead to massive memory errors. I hope you like the blue screen of death.

dishdog, you are completely wrong, you CAN put in DDR500 in a mobo rated at DDR400, if you couldnt, why would they make it in the first place? If only gives you more headroom to overclock, that is all, there will be NO BSODS.

Yes, it's true. YOu can even push it up to DDR600!!!!! Geil One Series ram, is proof that it can be pushed to stable timings of 1.5-2-2-5 at PC3200 speeds. If you run at higher speeds with that, it will be more stable than if you were to run on generic Value RAM or standard RAM.

so with this memory and a Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu cpu fan do you think I will be able to get my processor to 2.8 ghz?

maybe not with a Zalman 7000B, but with a Thermalright XP-120 with a tri-blade delta, that would be a piece of cake.

I trust the knowledge of TRDCorolla and ownage so i will withdraw my former statments. I was always taught that if you do things to a computer that it doesn't want you to do it only causes problems. I guess in this case what i have learnt is wrong,lol.

Back
Top Bottom