PC vs xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.
the deceived said:
OK then, I take my words back. I apologise for the statement, but don't you think it is just that little bit unfair on the competition with having the XBox 360 and PC games having the same programming format? I mean, yeah I'm all up for creating games that make it easier for programmers (as I am studying Computer Games Programming at Uni right now), but competition is always a healthy thing for consumers as it lowers prices, and we get the best items available. It just seems like yet another ploy by Microsoft to expand there already massive company. To me, the XBox 360 no longer feels like a console, but more of an entertainment system and a marketing ploy by Microsoft.

That's because the developing program for Xbox 360 is so much more simple than the PS3's. If the PS3 does really require about $17.2 million to develop for, then some companies will go bust trying to make a game for them. Of course, that's what Sony decided to do, so good luck to them. Microsoft has lots of experience creating OS's and things of the sort, and the advantage is that it's common and easy to use.

Zaki said:
i read that the xbox controller wire once caused a fire......think about the kids Gates! the KIDS!!

So? Some kid got electrocuted though his PlayStation 2's Dual Shock 2 controller. :)

no actually the controller had heat up (hard to believe) and set a fire....poor kid

id rather get electricuted then burned :D

Whoa, that's scary to know. Controller has a heat buildup. Microsoft need to look in on this. If they do find something faulty with it during assembly, they need to issue an XBox controller recall. But that may be the only controller they found problems with. I say give the kid a new XBox 360 system for free. Come on Bill....

billy probably had to work his a$$ off to keep this one covered, i think i read it on bbc though!! and it did mention something about a recall or "adjustment"

TRDCorolla said:
Whoa, that's scary to know. Controller has a heat buildup. Microsoft need to look in on this. If they do find something faulty with it during assembly, they need to issue an XBox controller recall. But that may be the only controller they found problems with. I say give the kid a new XBox 360 system for free. Come on Bill....

Oooo...one controller out of millions produced. Sure, they kid deserves an apology (IMO from Bill Gates, but whatever), but that doesn't mean that everyone of them are that way. I've used mine for 2 years now and it hasn't caught on fire!

Do you even have an article on this so-called "fire"?

That will be funny if Bill Gates actually visited the poor kid and apologized. It would be good publicity for Bill though. The most he'll do is probably write a letter of apology (or maybe his secretary or lawyer will do that) and at least, he should give him new games or a new system.

alvino said:
Oooo...one controller out of millions produced. Sure, they kid deserves an apology (IMO from Bill Gates, but whatever), but that doesn't mean that everyone of them are that way. I've used mine for 2 years now and it hasn't caught on fire!

Do you even have an article on this so-called "fire"?

man i dont have a problem with xbox, but why do you have to be so defensive about everything said about xbox its like you're their pr. i mean you're nice in every other thread, just take it easy in this one too. and i didnt just make up the fire story, and no i didnt bookmark it, or clip it out and hang it on my wall by anychance. nor was i trying to say that all xbox controller are faulty.

the deceived said:
Come on alvino, you got that information about the PS3 pushing smaller game developers towards the Xbox 360 from "Team XBox". They'd take any chance to stir up a fuss and try and spread rumors. Lets not judge how game developers will go until both machines are released.

It's true that it came from Team XBox, but they got the story from two PS3 news sites.

alvino said:
Yeah yeah, I've heard that thousands of times..."That's cuz it's made by Microsoft" har har har har...GROW UP.

Becides, it only happened once.

Jeez, it was a joke. But still, a console crashing? You can't tell me that that's okay. And I've heard of it happening to a lot of people. The only time my PS or PS2 has crashed was when I tried to use bad GameShark codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom