PC vs xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you look at any reviews on the PS3 vs XBox 360 then you'll find out that the Xbox outperforms the PS3 on general purpose side of it. But a console should do it's main priority to the best of it's ability, play games. XBox 360 seems to me as if they are trying to cater for such a wide market that they will start losing fans to the PS3 because the XBox is just too general purpose and not enough gaming. The PS3 was made right from the start to play games, and that's why it has ONE processor with masses of power, whereas the XBox has got more than one to run other things than games.

alvino said:
Yes, consoles do occasionally crash or lock up. I've had my Xbox lock up once during Halo 2. :p

That's cuz it's made by Microsoft. :)

Yeah, when I first heard about Xbox crashes, I was like, "WTF??? Consoles aren't supposed to do that!!!" But yeah, that's pretty bad when your console crashes. Hmmmm.... I bet Microsoft could make anything crash.

Hehe, have yuo heard the joke about the Microsoft Car? I'm sure you have...

the decived said:
Come on alvino, you got that information about the PS3 pushing smaller game developers towards the Xbox 360 from "Team XBox". They'd take any chance to stir up a fuss and try and spread rumors. Lets not judge how game developers will go until both machines are released.

Excuse me? TeamXbox is one of the best Xbox sites you can find. Why don't you try reading what they say before judging them. They don't publish articles just to start something.

TeamXbox.com said:
PS3Today.com and PS3Focus.com have reported a recent Japanese article about PS3 developer support, which has an insider source claiming that the initial investment for PS3 software development it at least ¥2 billion (U$S 17.6 million), and that figure does not include the actual development costs associated directly with the title.

This initial investment, according to this insider source, is "nothing but a nightmare for many Japanese software development companies."

The article also reveals that the prevailing rumor in Japanese game development circles is that many companies may end up developing for the Xbox 360, which will lower R&D costs since the system shares many similarities with Windows game development, allowing developers to release a single title on both platforms.

They don't say that it's true, it says that an insider source "claims" this.

http://www.ps3focus.com/archives/127
http://www.ps3today.com/Blogs/News/hqs/blr_647.aspx

TeamXbox.com is unbiased and you should read what they say before you denounce them. :rolleyes:

spank_fusion said:
That's cuz it's made by Microsoft. :)

Yeah, when I first heard about Xbox crashes, I was like, "WTF??? Consoles aren't supposed to do that!!!" But yeah, that's pretty bad when your console crashes. Hmmmm.... I bet Microsoft could make anything crash.

Yeah yeah, I've heard that thousands of times..."That's cuz it's made by Microsoft" har har har har...GROW UP.

Becides, it only happened once.

OK then, I take my words back. I apologise for the statement, but don't you think it is just that little bit unfair on the competition with having the XBox 360 and PC games having the same programming format? I mean, yeah I'm all up for creating games that make it easier for programmers (as I am studying Computer Games Programming at Uni right now), but competition is always a healthy thing for consumers as it lowers prices, and we get the best items available. It just seems like yet another ploy by Microsoft to expand there already massive company. To me, the XBox 360 no longer feels like a console, but more of an entertainment system and a marketing ploy by Microsoft.

Or if you're like me, get an emulator and get ROMs for the PS2 or XBox. Quality is not as good as the real thing, but has good graphics and excellent gameplay.

i read that the xbox controller wire once caused a fire......think about the kids Gates! the KIDS!!

lets not start the microsoft vs. sony battle, xbox is definetely a contender of ps3, but so is the nintendo revolution. and chances are that the ps3 specs will be just a bit higher than the x360's since ps3 is being released like half a year after xbox. i dont mind that as a ps2 user, ps2 games have never been better and the ps2 still has a lot of life. i just hope two years from now we dont hear about the xboxOBTUSE or the xbox360.2DEGREES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom