Need Linux!

MarxSoccer

BSOD
Alright, so I'm wanting to use Linux on another computer. Since you won't be installing Windows, you need to get Linux on via CD or USB, correct? I need to know more on how to do this, and eventually where to go to get the info to burn (Just guessing that I'm burning it onto a CD)

I've heard alot of talk about Redhat, or Fedora Core 4 or something? Would someone be able to gimme some pointers on what to go with?

Woops, this should have gone under Operating Systems, I only put it in here after seeing another Linux thread. Really need this though!

linuxdistro.org

theres a lot to choose from...

and I'll move this to the right place for you..

I tried fedora core 4(red hat) i didn't use it for long but it seemed good. i'm at school right now but i'll post a link from where i download it later. you will need 4 blank cd's and a software that can burn files. i forget what you have to burn it as, i'll also look at that when i get home.

<EDIT>
Download FC4-i386-disc1.iso, FC4-i386-disc2.iso,FC4-i386-disc3.iso, FC4-i386-disc4.iso

Burn them onto 4 seperate blank CD's. you have to burn them as a image disc(not image as in picture) or they won't work.

Yeah ... fedora core 4 is pretty good, easy and modern ...
I'm still waiting for my ubuntu cds lol :) I can't wait to try out the new breezy badger ...

Alright, I guess im going with redhat :p

pcmxkeith, is that where dishdog is talking about, or where do I go DL those .iso's? He told me the files but not where. I had Nero, still do, well the CD. I don't have it installed currently, and can either reinstall that or DL something one of you prefer more. Once I get that link and get those DL'ed we can continue on:)

Back
Top Bottom