best gaming pc

I've always been Intel+nVidia.

But that could change when I get round to building a rig...

Well, I'll very probably switch to AMD in terms of the CPU, not sure about ATI though.

Intel and nVidia still rule :D You can get all you'll ever need (75FPS in an explosive situation) from an nVidia Card for way less than it would cost from an ATi Card, and ultimately that is all that matters, because beyond around that, you don't actually get anything more than numbers to brag about; cause you sure can't see the difference! Your monitor probably won't even show you the difference even if you could see it :p

once again LK being an intel/nvidia fanboy...i like whichever company is winning the graphic war and by the looks ATI and smacking some nVidia anus

Lord Kalthorn said:
Haha. THe 840EE isn't £1000 is it? :p

Well its worth it either way :p You wouldn't get a 4 Core Processor for that anywhere else! Especially not one unlocked and fully ready to go up to 3.8+ without too much extra cooling.

lol, yes, it is over a £1000, and the 4 logical cores actually don't
give the PEE any extra performance over the X2 4800+, cause the hyper-threading doesn't seem to work well with dual-core. I could find the article, but I can never remember what site it is...I read too much geeky crap these days. :D

Haha, I meant about ATi before, I didn't see your post before I made that one :D

Does hyperthreading not seem to work very well in Dual Core? You certainly see the difference in all manner of Tests that take into account the Quad-Core type setup. Maybe you need to check it out on some programs that use four threads :D

Lol; Visual Studio 2005 probably does :p Adobe Photoshop is bound to.

And Business Winstone doesn't count; that is continuously pro-AMD :D I'm not actually sure how... but it manages to be. 3DMark 05 and PCMark 04 are far more reputable Tests :D

If only that was so...

Nah, but come on, buddy, office apps are used more often than photo-editing and whatever visual studio 2005 does, usually, right? Intel sure gets whooped in compression and stuff like webpage-rendering, so It's all AMD, baby...for me anyway.

I guess GFX'ers might be better off with an Intel, but not a Smithfield or Prescott...hold on one second...(vomits)

Back
Top Bottom