Suggestion: Posts don't count in Social Lounge.

Hehe, nice point Swift. Although I must say making fun of peoples spelling is kinda low...although that wasn't a mistake because she wasn't taught how it was just laziness, "COZ"

Well, post counts should count, thats what they are there fore. What should happen is people bragging or spamming to increase them. The problem is the attitude surounding them and should be tackled. People willl spam in any forum if they are going to.

I'd like to thank everyone bringing the topic up, does anyone have any suggestionos as to how to stop the attitude. - Perhaps a minimum word count?

No minimum word count by all means. Some have good things to say so we need all the words we can squeeze in. I feel it's great the way it is.

Minimum Word count may be a good idea; but ultimately if you're going to post a worthless post, it will be longer than whatever Minimum Word count we have on here, and even if it isn't, it will say this doesn't have enough letters, and whoever is doing it will add some more.

I think we should just, as regular users, start using the Reputation System as Root said. Using it doesn't discount Posts, so people who like posts won't be disappointed; but in the future, if we ever want not to use Posts at all, we'll be in the position to do so. If regular users start doing it, it should not be too long until less regular users do, and then everybody, and then people will come here, see different reputation levels about, and hopefully see a Sticky or something on Reputation, and think ah I should do that.

Not that I'm against using Posts :D Haha, I am rather fond of the post count system; but I quite like the Reputation System too :D

lol i have alot of negative rap from threads ive locked, i hardly see that sa fair?

no i dont answer any tech questions, well not any more as i lack the time, i prefer to come here just to chat to the community

Post count should not be removed in social louge. Repution points should be shown though below posts. And this is based on how many times you've HELPED someone witha computer problem.Post count just shows how long you've been around pretty much in my eyes. I got over a 1,000 but I don't think I spammed for that. I just was really active.

Back
Top Bottom