Another Graphics Card Question

Mike89

In Runtime
I have the Radeon 9200, everyone probably knows by now lol. What does AGP 2X 4X 8X stand for what is that 2X 4X 8X part, im looking for a new motherboard and know i need AGP,but i don't know what that part means. Thanks

-Mike

Ok so it will fit and work in all slots but certain ones like the 8X are better? Am i right or am i misreading?

8x is the fastest AGP will go. But I think if you have an AGP 8x card and you put it in an AGP 2x slot it will only work at 2x. The speed is ultimately regulated by the motherboard.

i odn't know i have a celeron D, my PC is a emachines t3990, AKA a peice of shit.

Yeah go with that motherboard. Although I would suggest saving up some cash and getting something better, because it seems to me you want an Intel chip. So go with this...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128296

It's like $66.00, only a buck more then you're spending on that motherboard. Not to mention it's Socket T (LGA 775). Supports Celeron D and Pentium 4, obviosly.

But if you want a card that supports AGP 8x, just get a Radeon X700, either that or a Radeon 9800.

Back
Top Bottom