voltage mod

is increase the gpu really gonna give me that more fps or do people do it just to say that they can do it? I've read some reviews that people only say 2-3 fps avg. when the oc'ed their cards.

towly said:
is increase the gpu really gonna give me that more fps or do people do it just to say that they can do it? I've read some reviews that people only say 2-3 fps avg. when the oc'ed their cards.

U still talking about increasing the voltage?
Increasing the voltage ain't going to directly have a big boost to ur FPS, but it will enable u to oc ur card more -> more FPS.

I didnt type that out right. Is increasing the clock speeds really gonna give me a huge boost in fps (like >10). From reviews I've read, people that oc'ed their 6600gt only got like a 4 fps increase in doom 3, and a 4 fps increase in far cry.

towly said:
I didnt type that out right. Is increasing the clock speeds really gonna give me a huge boost in fps (like >10). From reviews I've read, people that oc'ed their 6600gt only got like a 4 fps increase in doom 3, and a 4 fps increase in far cry.

Increasing the clock speed will improve performance. It should increase the fps more than 4, depends on how much u oc. I can't oc much, my gpu doesn't want to oc, so I'll be trying to change the voltage soon.

But u can try and see for yourself.

well I just want to do one last bump to get last minute info b/f I try it this weekend, hopefully everything works out. So if you have some new info to introduce please do so.

edit:

I tried using nibitor and I used different bios and the maximum voltage that it would let me go to is 1.4v. So I guess the only way to bump the voltage is to hard mod it, right?

no. It lets u go to 1.4 only coz u have set it so. Go to tools -> voltage table editor and then mess around in there. It's very easy.

I still haven't been able to do this, the flash program didn't want to work. :(

what flash program are you using? Is it also nibitor or is it another program you have to use?

well I tried using nvFlash, like 3 different versions of it, but none worked. :S
So I'll try to find a program that I can get working.

And if someone has done this with nvFlash or some other program then post here or pm me, I want to get this working.

I tried to do the volt thing with nibitor but I cant find where you are talking about. I looked in the tools and all I saw was something with hexidecimal and something for table preference.

what version of nibitor are u using. I use 2.5 and the voltage table thingy works fine. I have even made a "test bios" which I really didn't change the values alot, I just wanted to see how all of the stuff works and if it gives me any kind of improvement.

But nvFlash seems like a crappy program. I thought about getting something else since it had quite bad rating.. now I know why. Or then I'm just too stupid to use it.

Back
Top Bottom