What would happen...(memory question)

i dont know if you can oc a lot with those since i dont know what memory chips they use. I am guessing they use Samsung TCC5's. But TCCD's or BH-5's are the way to go for DDR. (BH-5's need extreme voltage like 3.5Volts in the DIMM slot.)

If you put a faster speed RAM in then your MOBO(motherboard) your only going to have problems down the line. It will work at the speed your MOBO will allow but i'm 99% sure that you will have some memory erorrs.

The Amish Kid said:
Ok I figured out from another forum that it will be fine, the memory is at higher speeds to allow you to overclock you processor higher which is what I want to do anyways.

I think you're missing the point. The memory speed rating of the motherboard is the MAXIMUM SPEED that it will allow. Even if the faster RAM does work on that motherboard, it will still run at the max rated speed (PC3200). Now what you can do is get some good PC3200 and overclock it so that it runs faster, but you can't get a faster base RAM right off. I mean, you could, but like Dishdog said, even if it does work, it will probably cause problems.

nope, it is rated at PC3200 because that is the highest JEDEC approved speeds. If you put in higher speed DDR, it just gives you more head room to overclock.

Spinwip said:
id just get another motherboard if it were up to me....

I am asking about memory, I am not going to spend $175 on a new motherboard when the one I have is fine. I am on a budget of $200 so that wouldnt leave me any left for memory. I hate when peole post suff like that

EDIT: And if it willn't work why are there so many people posting reviews on newegg about how higher speed memory worked with thier AMD systems

Did they say what their motherboard's max rated RAM speed was? There are motherboards that have higher RAM speeds, you know. Not everyone has your motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom