realistic FPS games?

"Nope, that ain't realism. But I do agree that would be no fun, but that's the way it works in real life I'm afraid"

Correction, that'd be boring :p

Just lower the difficulty setting instead :D

"So I was looking something in that direction"

Ah right, sorry then.
Whats that new one coming out on the X-Box 360? Where the army have technological weaponry and devices? Most of them are actually available too.

If you want a realistic game where you'll die in a couple of shots, get America's Army or CS.

If you just want a mindless fragfest with no skill, get Quake or UT.

If you want realism but without the easy death, get CoD or BF2.

I'm yet to try BF2...

The latest I've tried is F.E.A.R and to me that is rather realistic. Not the Sci-Fi part, but everything else like A.I, Physics is super, and I haven't seen a game that matches that.

It's pretty good. Just make sure you patch it because the retail version's got more bugs than a tropical rainforest.

I'd probably try the demo first. I've heard it eats your system up though, so I'll probably only be able to play at low.
My computer surprised me with F.E.A.R though, so i'd hope it'd do the same thing, hehe.

Because I'm happy playing in the 30fps range, if need be, and was getting about 26-55FPS in high settings which isn't bad I don't think.

Would BF2...kill it?

Kage said:
Would BF2...kill it?

Not too sure, you might be alright on medium.

The GPU's maybe getting a little old, but the rest of your system is absolutely fine. 1GB is basically the minimum, and the 3500+ should do just fine.

Call of Duty
Brothers in Arms
Battlefield 2
America's Army (probably the most realistic)
Operation Flashpoint

Half Life 2, COutner Strike, Far cry, f.e.a.r., call of duty, bf2, and the ender scroll's, I guess.

Well it really depends. Do you mean realistic as in authentically realistic or just eye-candy realistic? If you're going for authenticity, then go with America's Army. It's free and it's extremely realistic (you get occasional weapon jamming and the usual stuff like in real life). If you want eye-candy realistic, then go with the usual. FarCry, F.E.A.R., Half-Life 2, Doom 3 etc.

Back
Top Bottom