looking for decent notebook

REGNARTS_ said:
Nowadays, what is the best notebook configuration and where can I find it? I'm looking into buying a new notebook under $1,500. It will be for general use such as school work (writing paper, programming etc.) and a little multimedia and gaming once in a while. I would like my clock-speed to be 2.0ghz or above. weighs not too heavy and about 14" or above of screen. I like the pentium M but pentium 4 with HT is nice too. SpeedStep technology is a thumbs up. I've look into sony vaios, Dells, alienware, hypersonic, and most of the time, they cost too much. Any recommend sites?

Thanks.

For $1500? You should be able to get a pretty good notebook for that price. I agree with the Dell route. Can't go wrong with the Centrino line of CPUs.

Yeah, true. Unlike dell, sony, or toshiba (I don't think I've seen a toshia amd), gateway got amd....

Some say amd, some say intel. I'm not too familiar with amd. But looks like you all picked either Dell, HP, or Sony. I'll look into it. Thanks all. Also, I noticed that most of pentium Ms, the cpu clockspeed is little less than P4s with HT. Is there some technology in M that makes the clockspeed not that big of a deal?

Back
Top Bottom