laptop

band-aid

Baseband Member
is it possible to build your own laptop? I am thinking of getting something that i can use on the go but i would perfer not to buy one from a company such as dell.

yes, it is possible to build your own laptop. I have seen on ebay they sell "bare bones" laptops, where you add your own hard drive, optical drive, video card....etc.
but, be advised, building a laptop is not as easy as building a desktop, laptops are much more complicated and probably should be done by a professional.
another thing, laptop parts aren't cheap either, when you get done buying all the parts for one, you will have spent more money on it than if you would have bought it prebuilt.
and there's nothing wrong with dell laptops.......I would recommend them, gateway also.

Yeah, the bits for a Laptop are so much more because they're primarily for replacement of broken parts, in which case you need it and they can price it up more. Best bet would be to get a prebuilt one. It will probably be cheaper.

well what about upgrading options with laptops. I have a dell desktop right now and am having a difficult time upgrading because of proprietary hardware. I would like to be able to put in a new gfx card and/or other pieces of hardware at a later date. oh and i don't mind it weighing like 8lbs either.

you can change out the components of a laptop later on for better ones, but like I said before, it's a bit more complicated.

Back
Top Bottom