help with mobo

ASSEMBLER

In Runtime
my son has a HP mobo in his pc and from the part no P6901-60001 i have found out it is a vectra 310 but i cant seem to find out enough info
i nedd to find out what cpu this board can take upto.any info would be appreciated.Thanks

Well I've figured out its a Intel Celeron 1.1GHZ, and that its Upgradable.

I'll have to do more searching as to, how far it'll go.

Hmm... I'm finding it very hard...

cheers kage but yeah thats the chip it has in now.but i also have found it hard to find a deal of info or spec about this board.its proving difficult.HP seem to be very secretive about their hardware.

Yeah they do, and like all 3rd party manufacaturers, thats always the trouble.
Its almost impossible to find the motherboard name, and thats what you need to find out the capability of processors.

Okay, download this:

http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en

it'll tell you the motherboard yor son is using when you download it onto his machine. You could then search rather easily for the specs i'd presume :)

i have tried it it just comes up with vectra 310 i thought it would solve my problem but no such luck

Oh... :( Sorry about that.

Does it by any chance flash it up at bootup? Or is it written on the board itself in small lettering?

all that seems to be on the board is the part no which is on the first thread.

we dont seem to be getting very far with this one.maybe it best if i bought a new mobo if i cant get any info for upgrading.

That'd probably mean buying a whole new PC though almost, since you'd have to change your RAM as well to get good speeds, and you'd probably want to go for a much better processor too, and go for a new motherboard to make it worth while.

Its a shame we can't find out the name though :(

I suspect it'd probably go up to 1.8ghz or 2.0ghz for upgradability, but I wouldn't want to pin that down.

Back
Top Bottom