SLI vs Crossfire?

Zaki said:
so basically do you specify like a master and a slave? or go through bios to specify which one to put the load on. this DOES sound better than sli in theory

The CrossFire Edition card is the "master" and the normal one is the "slave".

alvino said:
http://www.nforcershq.com/article4191.html

Owned.

The X1800 XT is the ULTIMATE overclocker. It may only have 16 pipelines, but ATI cards always get more per clock cycle (similar to AMD's higher IPC). Now imagine two X1800 XT's in CrossFire and overclocked! Whoo...bye bye G70. :D

DAMMANNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

you'd have the graphics breaking through the f'n screen with that, jeez i cant imagine this, maybe youd need like a separate miny tower for the two x1800 XT cards. :D

Nah, the PCB of the cards isn't that big. It's about the same size of a 7800 GTX.

Kuberr said:
Yeah, but the RAM doesn't affect gameplay that much. All Nvidia's doing for now is delivering the 7800 Go, and the 7800GTX 512MB. At most, I'd say that the extra RAM will give it 1 or 2 FPS? Actually, I don't know, but I've heard that the RAM doesn't really matter that much since today's games aren't that demanding.

The RAM helps out with the AA and AF. Not much, but it does help it some.

does anyone know where to buy some decent crossfire mobos from in the UK. could you post up a link if you do please

alvino said:
http://www.nforcershq.com/article4191.html

Owned.

The X1800 XT is the ULTIMATE overclocker. It may only have 16 pipelines, but ATI cards always get more per clock cycle (similar to AMD's higher IPC). Now imagine two X1800 XT's in CrossFire and overclocked! Whoo...bye bye G70. :D

ouch nvidia better counter that very soon...i cant see everyone switching to crossfire since SLI systems cost alot to upgrade to but still ati is going to be stealing back business GO ATI!

But how expensive will the X1800XT be? It'll probably be quite hefty. I'd say at least $600.

and who's going to spend that much money so they can play pc games in an overly great fashion. I mena even if the ps3 and xbox360 come out to be 1000 they'll be cheaper than building a comp with crossfire or sli technology.

Back
Top Bottom