Computer turns itself on?!?!?!?!

Fisher said:
just be graetful its not stwiching it self off, thats a really big pain in the arse!!!!!

see a funny thing about that...just in the next room my mom's computer IS shutting itself off. Giving the blue screen of death and showing little code sayings such as:

PFN_LIST_CURRUPT
BAD_POOL_HEADER
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

those are the majority errors it says on the ole' blue screen. Anyone care to help on this topic too?

P.S. before the error it says the computer encountered a problem and needed to shut down to prevent further damage. Then at the end of the screen it talks about dumping physical memory. (just to give you an idead of the page).

Physical Memory = Cache, It gets dumped (deleted) everytime you turn your computer off

PFN_LIST_CURRUPT, BAD_POOL_HEADER, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, and DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

are all errors you get when you do not have enough ram. Try upgrading it, XP uses alot of ram, (I take it thats what your using given the error messages) 1024MB SDRAM (2x 512) should do nicely.

Edit: Btw, did you check the Wake On-Network/Modem in the bios like they said in a previous post? If you did, Did you fix it? Because thats what I would bet the cause was

Ok so i fixed the turning on comp. yes i think it was that wake thing in the BIOS.
But im going to re-format this other computer that restarts at random. Its got too many viruses (sooooo slow) and i cant figure out why its turning off. It may be RAM, but IDK. However, i need to find out where i need to get Microsoft Office. If any one knows where to get it for the CHEAPEST *cough cough free cough cough* then please PM me

Back
Top Bottom