Internet gaming problem

Moonlightman

Baseband Member
I just upgraded from dial up to broadband and ever since I did I cant play games like yahoo pool and pogo pool becouse it freezes up after a few seconds. I never had this problem with dial up. I did a virus scan and it said I had a trojan horse java somethin in a jar file or? So I deleted the file then I deleted the entire java file and then re-downloaded it "sun microsystems java" but it is still doin the same thing... I did another virus scan but it says im clean now so i dont know whats wrong.

I'd advise you phone your broadband dealer. You may find they have a problem, or they haven't connected you right.

If they do home visits, it may be useful showing them. Most on the phone don't get you anywhere, and you end up restarting after them saying to change one setting you know shouldn't be restarted for. But they do it just to be safe and get money off you i'd imagine too :p

That is very strange... never heard of that happening! Does sound like an ISP problem, but it is also possible the extra bandwidth has allowed some piece of Spyware you didn't realise about before to consume more power? Do you use Microsoft Antispyware?

I have the same problem, everything will be fine for me and i will %100 freeze for like 5 seconds and go back to smooth, i can't stand comcast their support is the worst

Mine dosent just freeze for 5 seconds, It compleatly freezez up and then the page will disconect and send me to an error page. The only thing I can think of that it might be is comcast told me I needed to call and have my "provisioning" done but I never did... I wonder if that is the problem?

Back
Top Bottom