SLI vs Crossfire?

Kuberr

Daemon Poster
I know Crossfire is much more efficient than SLI, so I'm wondering how Nvidia might counter. I'm assuming that they might upgrade their SLI, but do you think this will be a SLI driver update, or will it be completely new hardware? And no, I'm not talking about Nvidia's PCI-Ex16 SLI. This is completely theoretical.

Not anymore. ATI just released X1800XT, and I read the entire report. The X1800XT ate the 7800GTX with 8x.xx (forgot which ones) drivers alive. On many games, the X1800XT crushed it by over 10FPS. The only game where the 7800GTX won was in Doom 3, well, because Doom 3 is designed for Nvidia.

really? from what i saw when i took a look it didnt look good...only 16 pipelines and such..can u find me that website please?

Kuberr said:
Not anymore. ATI just released X1800XT, and I read the entire report. The X1800XT ate the 7800GTX with 8x.xx (forgot which ones) drivers alive. On many games, the X1800XT crushed it by over 10FPS. The only game where the 7800GTX won was in Doom 3, well, because Doom 3 is designed for Nvidia.

Yep i saw that too, i forgot the name. Somthing hardware, crap! Im going brain dead. Sadly id say crossfire, just for the fact you can use 2 different video cards.

EDIT!
I remember! Toms hardwar. Heres the link. http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20051006/index.html

Well, there's no doubt that Crossfire is more efficent than SLI. Offhand, all I can remember is that there are more ways to distribute the load with Crossfire and that Crossfire is like 150% to 190% of one card, while SLI is 130%-150% or something like that.

no but they have a 32 pipeline solution ready incase this happened, u never know they still might come back...dont forget the x1800xt has 512mb ram unlike the 7800gtx

Back
Top Bottom