Computer turns itself on?!?!?!?!

it's me going to ur house to sleep with ur mom late at nights then playing some cs before i come back home ;D

jac006 said:
Nice double post... and btw... he's probably been watching those movies... especially because of Mr. Ahhhnold Schrawanesggear or whatever is running California.

hahahahahaha thats funny....ya people who live in california do get a lot of those comments. But i got an extra PSU laying around here somewhere, ill see if it still works.

jac006 said:
I'm thinking a power spike or something like that? Weird power fluctuations...?

I've got an old PC at home that can turn itself on as soon as it's plugged in, without me hitting the power button. Sometimes it happens even if the plug's turned on but the box was turned off manually by me some time earlier.

So yes, that's very likely actually. You could just unplug the PC when you're not using it, that would stop itself switching on during the day when you're out, which wastes power.

Look I don't know if it is or is not the power supply but the first thing I would be checking is that in your BIOS settings it is not set to wake up on pm event ,modem or lan.

just be graetful its not stwiching it self off, thats a really big pain in the arse!!!!!

I had the same proble mwith my PC. I resolved it by reconnecting all the power cables to my various hardware.

Fisher said:
just be graetful its not stwiching it self off, thats a really big pain in the arse!!!!!
oh god dont remind me!!!! my comp was down for like half a year with that problem, the mobo was faulty in the end and it took asus like three attempts to finally send me a working mobo.

Back
Top Bottom