Who has a Creative Zen Touch?

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
Anybody here have the Creative Zen Touch? If so, how does it work? Do you like it? Do you have to import your mp3 files into creative software to use them with the player?
I'm thinking of getting one, I really like them, but I want some opinions of some people who have them.

thanks
Tom

Hey, I haven't, but I've heard and read alot about them.

My mum also has the Creative Zen Micro, and this is almost the same anyway.

FILE SYSTEM:

What do you mean by, how it works? i.e the file system?

If so, after putting MP3's onto it, the Player automatically sorts them out into Artist, Album, Genre, etc and so you can't view them like you would on a computer, and so fully relies on whats encoded in the ID3 tag of the MP3.

If your talking about the way the Touch mechanism works, its basically rather simple and works well. Though on my mums Creative Zen Micro, she has to have it on the minimal Sentivity setting, or it selects and goes to menus she doesn't want to enter, but it does work well I think.

IMPORTING:

As for importing files, this would also work the same way.
It comes with a piece of software which you use, yes, which can do anything you want and isn't a burden to use.
You load this up and choose the program to open within it (One that RIPS, imports to device, manages the files, etc),
Clicking on Import to Device lets you select folders or tracks to import on to the player and then you sort out the ID3 tag information and change any that are wrong, or you want to change.

You then simply press to put it onto the player, and if you have USB2.0. This can be as fast as 1 second a song, so not bad at all.

FOLDER STRUCTURE AGAINST ID3:

The only thing I don't like about the way it works is that you have no choice of a Windows file structure, and are forced to see songs through the ID3 tag info.
Though you could trick this rather easily. For example, instead of putting as Album, the correct name, you could put something else which may make it easier for you to find tracks, etc.

OVERALL:

All in all though, its a very good player, and even though you'll be used to the Windows file Structure, having it all sorted for you can make it easier.
You can also of course set it up with playlists using the software so that you always find your favourite song of the week, hehe.

Heres an image of when you open it up.
Even though this is for the Zen Micro, since the Zen Touch works in the same fashion, you'd be expecting the same type of structure:

zenmicro.jpg

Ok, didn't have the time to read that huge post Kage.

But in my opinion the Zen Sleek seems GREAT! Just go to amazon and read reviews and see if they have AIM or something and chat with them about it.

Yeah that seems great too :p

Sorry about the long post. I usually break it up with titles but...forgot...

*EDIT* Done it

Yeah, the Zen Sleek reminds me of the Zen Micro, but with a bigger hard drive. It looks better too in my opinion.
Good buy David ;)

Any idea when a player from Creative is coming out with a folder structure rather than ID3 tag information? Older players used it, but none of the latest ones seem to let you choose.

but then again what do you no :p

lol i saw one on offer, was thinking about getting it, then saw a crapper one that looked cool same size and shape as a golf ball

Kage said:
Hey, I haven't, but I've heard and read alot about them.

My mum also has the Creative Zen Micro, and this is almost the same anyway.

FILE SYSTEM:

What do you mean by, how it works? i.e the file system?

If so, after putting MP3's onto it, the Player automatically sorts them out into Artist, Album, Genre, etc and so you can't view them like you would on a computer, and so fully relies on whats encoded in the ID3 tag of the MP3.

If your talking about the way the Touch mechanism works, its basically rather simple and works well. Though on my mums Creative Zen Micro, she has to have it on the minimal Sentivity setting, or it selects and goes to menus she doesn't want to enter, but it does work well I think.

IMPORTING:

As for importing files, this would also work the same way.
It comes with a piece of software which you use, yes, which can do anything you want and isn't a burden to use.
You load this up and choose the program to open within it (One that RIPS, imports to device, manages the files, etc),
Clicking on Import to Device lets you select folders or tracks to import on to the player and then you sort out the ID3 tag information and change any that are wrong, or you want to change.

You then simply press to put it onto the player, and if you have USB2.0. This can be as fast as 1 second a song, so not bad at all.

FOLDER STRUCTURE AGAINST ID3:

The only thing I don't like about the way it works is that you have no choice of a Windows file structure, and are forced to see songs through the ID3 tag info.
Though you could trick this rather easily. For example, instead of putting as Album, the correct name, you could put something else which may make it easier for you to find tracks, etc.

OVERALL:

All in all though, its a very good player, and even though you'll be used to the Windows file Structure, having it all sorted for you can make it easier.
You can also of course set it up with playlists using the software so that you always find your favourite song of the week, hehe.

Heres an image of when you open it up.
Even though this is for the Zen Micro, since the Zen Touch works in the same fashion, you'd be expecting the same type of structure:

zenmicro.jpg
Sounds pretty good to me, I have all my tags all sorted out neat and clean (I'm anal about that) so I won't have any problems with the ID3 tags. I have a LOT of music, so I'm thinking of getting the 40 gb Zen Touch so I can have all my music at my fingertips. Seems to me that it might be a pain to import all your music into the software that comes with the player, but I've heard from other people that it's not really so I'll just have to see for myself.

Yeah, its not hard to import at all. Especially because of how quick it is. So you can select a whole folder and import it straight away, so its as fast as *click* THAT.

Back
Top Bottom