Weird internet/network issues

pucksaver

Beta member
I just moved into college and before i left i built a custom gaming/school computer. I've been using it at my house for a few months with no issues. When i first got here i connected to the network and it worked fine right off the bat. I would be playing a game and it would glitch and i would have to restart. Then when it booted back up the internet would be completely gone. I found that it was a problem with the schools network and the problem was relieved in about an hour. But just yesterday one of my games glitched up and i had to restart, but this time when i restarted i was able to view any website through Internet Explorer, but NOT mozilla. I wasnt able to log into aim or any of my online games. Afraid that i messed with some sort of setting, i restored the computer back to about 3 days ago. Now it works normally, but every time it restarts the same problem happens and i have to restore it back to 3 days ago.

Ive tried disabling the windows firewall and refreshing the ip but i just cant figure it out. Im able to ping anything and i have a valid IP and fully connectivity with the DHCP server and everything like that, im just not able to connect to aim or any of my games.

Please ask if something doesnt make sense or i left something out, i need to figure this out. Thanks.

My system specs are as follows:
AMD64 2.0Ghz
2Gb ram
NForce4 Chipset
GeForce6600gt
Windows XP 64bit

Can you think of everything you had done in those three days, big things, like installing? Downloading? Reading weird looking e-mails? Or is it just connecting to the Internet on the Network?

Back
Top Bottom