file transfer issues

It counts out whatever extra speed it gives the download because you have to spend time uploading it :p At Upload speeds, which will certainly be bad.

Wouldn't work - the file would need to have been uploaded and registered on there server for you to be able to pick it off and start downloading it. Unless he cut it up into 100Meg Chunks and uploaded them all or something, then you could get at the first one quicker, but it would take just as long.

oki have a new problem..when im looking at this site..it loads the page..but then when i scroll down it has to wait to load more of the page..then it will wait a few seconds and then load the rest after it loads the first bit...whats this from? i figure LK u would know

so i have got to upload to yousendit.com site first?? i entered money mans email so it should directly go to his email address (gmail).

It should, and probably will, but it will still need to be on the server in its entirety for it to start downloading. It probably won't send the e-mail until that point. Its just a thing with transfers, that file won't actually be there according to the Server and the Sytem until the last Byte is in place.

Hmmm... I don't know, it sometimes happened to me, but it isn't now. It is just how the page loads its self. Probably in order to speed initialisation perhaps David employs GZip type compression on the code on the site, it is a feature of vBulletin, maybe that could be the reason? Its not a bad thing eitherway.

yes, it doesn't send the email until the entire file is uploaded, and when it's done, it even displays a link on the page that you can copy and paste to your friend just in case they didn't get the email. and I'm not sure what the upload/download speeds are, since it doesn't display those. all I know is it's real convenient since you can send files up to 1gb in size.

Well its nice to have that clarified! Good luck with it! It does sound I suppose like the best option... if you can't get an FTP situation in place?

Back
Top Bottom