Tech Guy PC vs Mine Who will be victorious

Also, About those questions, What would be some good ones?

And if you guys were in my perdicament what parts would you use?

Computergen said:
Never heard of Leadtek? Whats with you? I have a Leadtek 6800LE...it owns.

Also, show this guy up, ask him some question that noone would know. Come up with like 8 questions noone would know off the top of their heart.

I've got 'em.

1. What put's amd on top of intel in gaming?
own on-die memory controller

2. What is "8259"?
the common name for an IRQ controller

3. ASCII standard defines how many 8-bit characters?

4. What is the maximum number of devices you can have connected to a usb port?

5. Describe the function of the input capacitor in a psu.
Capacitros store electricity to help a compensate for fluctuation sin power coming from the outlet. The capacitor kicks in a little extra juice if the incoming power clips below spec. The bigger the capacitor, the better.

6. Steve adds two expansion cards to his system: a sound card and a network card. The sound uses the I/O addresses 300-330 and IRQ5. The network card uses the I/O address 310-340 and IRQ2. When he bootsthe comp, it completely locks up. What is most likely the problem?
The I/O address assigned to the cards cleanly overlap and cause the problem

7. What is the correct boot seqeunce of a pc?
CPU< power good, POST, Boot loader, OS.

8. What is the purpose of POST?
tells all the devices that get BIOS support from the system ROM chip- the assumed devices- to test themselves, and then produces a beep code or text message if any device fails.

There you go. Almost off the top of my head (the world problem I had to look up on my A+ paper. :D )

I knew 2 of those! The easiest ones too! Lol, I need to pick up a book on some stuff, I almost picked up a book on A+ certification. Anyone know any good sources for studying that kinda stuff?

Most people fail on the 8259 one. That and the word problem. Well, most nerds, that is... lol... If I said that to anyone else, like, hey, what's 8259? They'd be like, a number dude. lol...

Google lol

...Come on, You knew someone was going to say it

But yeah, I have a few books, Most of mine are on... erherm.. Security But My Aunt (Who works for the biggest hospital in our sector) Has a whole Bookcase full of things like that, If It werent so far Id mail you some

Edit: So you think itll have good airflow? I know its not going to be mine, but Id rather not have mom running to me every five minutes "I think its on fire in there, Its raelly hot" lol

Back
Top Bottom