My new Gaming comp, I need suggestions :P

acphenom said:
Ironically, a friend told me at school today, that he was getting a game called 'Black and White 2'. I asked him for the minimum spec graphics card, and he told me it was a 6600. Since an x700 is comparable to a 6600, you should be fine.

umm, I think ur friend is just talking crap. I don't believe it requires a 6600 as a minimum. FEAR doesn't require that much, and well, FEAR is just crazy.

edit:
"Black&White 2 requires a 64MB video card with 1.1 Pixel Shader support. Supported video cards: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti series, GeForce FX series, GeForce 6200 or greater; ATI Radeon 8500 or greater, ATI Radeon X300 or greater."

Told u!

So theres no way to get pixal shader 1.1 on my INtel 82865 card? I tried to dl the latest drivers but it kept saying error.

I'd get an X700 as your video card. I have one, it's not as much money as a 6600GT and it performs almost the same as a 6600GT. It's a sweet card and really let's you see some of the eye popping goodies in most games. Like how I can play Battlefield 2 (BF2) on Medium Settings @ 1024x768@80Hz. So it's a very flexible card.

As for the RAM, I would seriously get 1 gig of ram. I had 256 a long while back when I played Command & Conquer Generals, and then I got 1 gig of ram, and boy what a difference!

As for hard drives, just get an 80 gigabyte hard drive and you'll be all good. Because I don't anyone who has actually filed up an entire 80 gig hard drive...

daemon said:
umm, I think ur friend is just talking crap. I don't believe it requires a 6600 as a minimum. FEAR doesn't require that much, and well, FEAR is just crazy.

edit:
"Black&White 2 requires a 64MB video card with 1.1 Pixel Shader support. Supported video cards: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti series, GeForce FX series, GeForce 6200 or greater; ATI Radeon 8500 or greater, ATI Radeon X300 or greater."

Told u!

lol, no doubt I'll be asking him a few questions tommorrow.:D

Anyway, as long as you're not talking crap, the x700 should be fine.:p

ask him what mobo it is. He mite be skimping on the mobo. That is a vital piece of the computer. If you are worried about money make sure and get quotes from multiple people.

1337DuD3 said:
I'd get an X700 as your video card. I have one, it's not as much money as a 6600GT and it performs almost the same as a 6600GT. It's a sweet card and really let's you see some of the eye popping goodies in most games. Like how I can play Battlefield 2 (BF2) on Medium Settings @ 1024x768@80Hz. So it's a very flexible card.

As for the RAM, I would seriously get 1 gig of ram. I had 256 a long while back when I played Command & Conquer Generals, and then I got 1 gig of ram, and boy what a difference!

As for hard drives, just get an 80 gigabyte hard drive and you'll be all good. Because I don't anyone who has actually filed up an entire 80 gig hard drive...

LOL, actually I have 2 250GB full, and I am in desperate need of more. :p

no, whatever you do, dont get a X700, if you are on a budget, get a X800GTO2, it is 100% flashable to X850XTPE as it uses the R480 core same as X850XTPE. Get 1GB of RAM like everybody else says.

okay, dont buy anything from alienware.. WAYYY TOO OVERPRICED.. just get it custom built! you can shave off 500 bux easily man

Back
Top Bottom