Horrible Blue Screens

k0409964

In Runtime
Could some kind person help me, i have a laptop, and a have just had to re-install windows becuase i kept getting a blue screen and then a restart! i thought this problem had been resolved untill about an hour ago!! please could some one help me?! it just seems to happen randomly the last time was when i was doing a virus scan, but other times just when the computer is doing nothing (apart from d/l). i would very much appreciate some help! is it a hardware problem or what?

I reckon you might have faulty RAM if it's still happening randomly after a reinstall... what exactly do the blue screens say? Or are they just blank blue screens, then an automatic restart?

memtest86, run it for about 8 hours. Put it on a floppy disc and set the BIOS to boot off floppy first, then just pop it in there, and if you don't immediately get errors let it sit. If you do get errors immediately just see how many.

Thanks every one, the blue screen does say something but it flash up very fast then just resarts, i think it say something about a hardware error but it is so fast. i will try running a mem test! instead of putting it on a floppy could i put the program on a cd an boot off that?

Back
Top Bottom