Tech Guy PC vs Mine Who will be victorious

I never said anything was wrong with pent.'s, although there is. I just said, in that post, that the celeron's are terrible, which they are. THey're old, slow, and just a terrible cpu. I would not get it. I know you have a pent. dishdog, but, I had a pent. too. No worries. I love amd, because intel treated me so badly, but it's ok. Just not the celeron...

I had a celeron too before I built my custom rig with an athlon xp 2600+, and the difference was night and day. they say a celeron is just a centrino with half the cache, but that is the key...half the cache = terrible performance, at least thats what they guy said when I was looking at laptops. I've used celerons, pentiums, and athlons, and the celeron is just a crappy cpu, doesn't seem to have the zip that a pentium or an athlon has.

O theres no question that celeron's suck,lol. the pentium remark was towards tommy boy and Paradox,not you jac006.

Yeah, lol, of course. Btw... how many bars do you see when the windows logo comes up? When you first boot up, I want to know. THanks.

I didn't say pents suck, I like the P4 HT and Pent M, Ive just never built anything with one, I personally would use an AMD.

And someone asked the speed of the P4 I had? Its a 3.0 with HT

Edit: Oh, And Its from a guy that is in college to become an engineer, He says he could build us that computer for 500 bucks (I think hes overpricing the parts and keeping the money for himself too)

Edit2: They just want a computer for getting on the internet, listening to music, and doing whatever it is people with no computer knowledge do on the computer.
She always complains about how you cant multitask on computers too so I got the P4 HT

Edit3: We have a keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, and Monitor that all work fine, Everythings 8 years old but with mouse speakers and monitor that dont matter, We got a 23 friggin inch monitor lol, Even salvaging the Ethernet/PSU/CD-RW/Floppy which are All 5 months or less old

Never heard of Leadtek? Whats with you? I have a Leadtek 6800LE...it owns.

Also, show this guy up, ask him some question that noone would know. Come up with like 8 questions noone would know off the top of their heart.

Go amd. Seriously... and socket 939 too. For intel, to upgrade to a new cpu, you have to have a new mobo and cpu. For amd, for socket 939, you just have to get the cpu and upgrade the BIOS. Wow....

Back
Top Bottom