Tech Guy PC vs Mine Who will be victorious

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
Ok, This Guy Willie is saying he can make a computer for my parents for 500 bucks, And The parts he picked out are kind of iffy so.. Help be pick out some better parts, I am NOT letting any parents of mine have a Celeron D And a 1 Gb stick of ram? And Ive never even heard of LeadTek. Im going to show mom Im NOT one of those teenagers than do nothing but waste their day playing video games online, I am not going to be shown up by some guy that I don't even know saying I don't know anything about computers. "Just a kid" I hate people that say stuff like that

Ok, He didn't name specifics on anything, just named stuff -_-

Apec ATX Case
80Gb HD
Gigabyte 85648fxp-r2 ATX Mobo
Intel Celeron D 310
1GB Stick of RAM
Sound Blaster
LeadTek Video Card
Sony DVD Burner

That all comes to 493.64

I'm not good at picking out Motherboards or Video Cards, Ill have to have one of you teach me whats good and whats not one of these days

But I was thinking...

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar SE 160GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s 84.50
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 531 Prescott 800MHz FSB LGA 775 EM64T 184.25
(The Have their hearts set on a bloody intel! god! I don't know how to build a good intel system, Is Socket LGA 775 good? They dont have 939)
Motherboard: ABIT AG8-3rd Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 915P ATX Intel 122.00
RAM: OCZ Value Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) 91.44
Video Card: Rosewill R62TC-64PX Geforce 6200TC Supporting 256MB* DDR PCI Express x16 53.99
SAMSUNG Beige IDE DVD Burner 44.99

That price all together is 581.17, And I dont have a Case
Still, Its 80 dollars more and I think I practically doubled the computer. Thoughts? Improvements? Help is welcomed

Edit: Sorry Its so crowded, Ill try and clean it up some

well...except for the celeron D, that is a pretty decent computer the guy is building. talk them into an amd processor, they are cheaper and better. Your computer parts that you picked out are better though.

They wont listen =\ Theyve never heard of amd and think If I put it in that itll be too technical for them to use -_-

Paradox said:
They wont listen =\ Theyve never heard of amd and think If I put it in that itll be too technical for them to use -_-
lol...it'll be exactly the same, windows runs the same on both intel and amd processors (just some faster than others)
btw, I have heard of leadtek, though I don't know what kind of quality their parts are.

lol you know that, and i know that, but they dont believe that

And I'm gonna stick to names I know and trust lol

yeah, I guess all you can do is pick out some computer parts like you did in the previous post, give them a price and see if they will go for it. if they don't believe you about amd processors, direct them to this forum and to the processors section and let them look around

Yeah, have let them have a talk to us amd dudes... I'll tell them. I had an intel and then an amd... the difference is huge. ok, the comp, the first one, is ok. Leadtek is an o.k. company. DO NOT GET THE CELERON! It's a terrible cpu. Seriously... you will live to regret it. Plus, with the new cpu's out and the like, good amd's will be cheaper. Go with a 2800+ amd xp. Not 64, but still good. Or go with a 3000+ sempron, which is good too. Either one. I would go, anyday, with a 3000+ amd 64 socket 939, because of upgradablity... but... money... so... I guess the sempron is ok.

what speed is the p4? theres nothing wrong with pentiums.

Is that other computer from a store or just some other person? Does the other one come with a warrenty? also is the build that the other person is making come with a monitor and keyboard...? if it does your parents should get the other one because with your build if you add that stuff onto your build your price is going to go even farther from $500.

probably another question for you to think about is, what are they going to be using the pc for? that will help you pick out parts as well.

Back
Top Bottom