hard drive issues

joenailface

Baseband Member
ok so i bought a hard drive around may this year, 250gb western digital. basically ive had problems with it since i got it and contacted the manafactuers and they assured me that the hard drive was working properly. anyway i had one big partition which came to 232gb's and i was told to download a diagnostic program (from western digital) which told me to partition the hard drive no larger than 128 gb's so i had to wait until i could back up my files on another hard drive, but earlier on today i was told to run 'chkdsk' which for some reason deleted 168 of the 169gb's on my computer so naturally i formatted the drive and now its reading as a 128gb hard drive in windows properties but as a 250gb hard drive in the bios...basically i want to have either 2 partitions of about 116gb's or three of about 77gb's (whichever works best) and im looking for any help on which setup will work best and how to get my drive to read as a 250gb hard drive in windows. any help would be greatly appriciated :) (sorry for the rant)

also im wonder about the allocation size, its automatically going to 4096, is this the best one?

Start/control Panel/administration/computer Managment/disc Managment.
You Can Play With It In There.
Woz

ive got that far already, but its only reading as a 128 still and whats the point in paying for a hard drive and using half it :) cheers though

sure, if you tell me how to post images on these forums that is

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

the forum rules say i cant

Hit The Alt/printscreen Buttons Together, Then Paste Onto Windows Paint. Save Image To My Photos. Open Acount With Photobucket Online. Then Load Your Image To Your Photobucket. Hit The Img Tab, Copy And Paste Into Forum.
Woz

Wow, if I were you I would start from scratch, that is really confusing with all the stuff there.....wipe your entire drive man...well, wait for some other opinions.

...i did wipe the entire drive its reading at half capacity and im trying to get it to read properly for starters

Back
Top Bottom