Broadband question...

the deceived

In Runtime
I recently moved to Uni and I am sharing my internet connection with everyione in the same building, and sometimes it goes down to unbelievably low speeds (like just faster than dial up), and well I don't know anything about broadband connections etc. I was wondering if there was ANYWAY possible to speed this connection up? Anything at all?

Thanks for all your help!

i dont think so, i mean, if all the other users stopped downloading things, anything that has to do with internet, the only way would to get everyone to stop using there internet and unplugg there ethernet connections..but also, there is Uncapping your modem(HIGHLY ILLEGAL DO NOT TRY) max's your connections potential, makes the connection faster, but you can get arrested for this so do not try.

Talk to the landlord or whoever, and ask if you could maybe get two connections to be split up among everyone? That would speed it up a little

Steven12 said:
that would cost twice as much tho wouldnt it.
yeah it would
How many users do you have on the one broadband connection?
if you have a ton of users on the connection that is what is making it slow..and furthermore, if all those users are downloading stuff.
I'm assuming this is a place where you live?, if so, they should have a broadband connection for every person in the building in which they pay for themselves. that would be the only way.

Being in a Uni that would be a HUGE amount of people sharing the connection( i assume ), so why does'nt the Uni just upgrade to wireless much faster and it would help that problem out, and if there worryed about money and extra technicians(if you have then there) and of course security, maybe some type of fund rasier(sounds stupid i no) or as someone else has said each person that use's the connection pays for it, maybe it might go into there charges for study(being they have to use it for there work and all) Something like that maybe

x.x.x
G.G

She posts in Hardware! Noice! But yeah... uni's connections stink. You could tweak your settings but the program isn't user friendly... pm if you really want it....

Too much bandwidth being used sadly by other people ... no way to change it unless you get people to stop leeching :) But yeah, you could try to get yourself multiple internet connections

Back
Top Bottom