windows vista 5231 leaked screenshots

Kage said:
It looks alright, but I hope it does come with extra skins.

I love the transparency on the Windows though, and the way it blurs whats underneath them.

Plus, it must look good moving with all the animations etc, and for instance, I'd love to see a window skin that allows colours to move across it, etc, but to still have it transparent.

So yeah, for me to make it worthwhile, it will have to be fully customisable, and if they can do it, even come with a program to change almost everything about it. That would rule!

They also can't forget about 3D backgrounds. All I've seen so far is a picture, and that wouldn't suit me at all. I'm also not talking about just a gif that moves as that slows down the PC. I'm talking about a movie, or maybe a real 3D engine running a walkthrough of a town beneath what your doing, like for instance the Unreal Tournament start up.

If they did that the system requirements for it would probably double and it wouldn't likely be able to be released until 2008.

Not really, because its running on a Direct 3D interface.
What I've said should actually be rather possible.

Remember, its not running within Software anymore. Its actually using your video card, so why not?

Every time I see Vista screenshots, they always look radically different.

What happened to the old Longhorn sidebar, with the clock?

I think I'm beginning to doubt the authenticity of these, it just looks too similar to earlier versions...

the pdc vista had the sidebar with the clock, It might be in this one too but i'm note sure yet because 5231 isn't even at msdn yet.

Sorry folks, I still think these could well be fake.

@Paradox: I think you're right. I've seen this skin before too...

The skin is based on the stuff, so the stuff it bound to look like the skin :p Eitherway its not the point. That, whether a skin or not, is how its meant to look :D

Back
Top Bottom