F.E.A.R. Performance

lol cool graphics own. but ram doesnt, and any lag you might be getting could be from ram, since i got my cheap 512mb pc-2100 ram i've noticed non responsive programs and that games have a slight bit more lag. but im too cheap to buy more ram so i wont

800 by 600, everything on medium with shadows turned off, i find them very annoying and pointless.

actually in alot of games shadows will save ur life...look at CSS for example, u can sometimes catch a glimpse of someone by their shadow

money_man said:
actually in alot of games shadows will save ur life...look at CSS for example, u can sometimes catch a glimpse of someone by their shadow

Agreed. And in FEAR too. It's very useful when u can headshot someone before he knows u are there. U see their shadow so u know if there is a guy coming in from a door in 0.3 seconds, so u just start shooting, he hasn't got the time to stop, so u will headshot him without him having any change of killing u first.

The problem I get in FEAR is that people move so fast in that game. Everytime I play in a room, everyone's always scrambling so you don't see their shadows until they're all over you. I play TDM by the way.

In TDM there is like more than enough time to react. And yes I'm serious, the game could be even faster, I wouldn't mind. Since now if I have like 2 med packs most of the ppl can't kill me even if they attack from behind.

Overall I think that u will find the crappiest online players in FEAR. I can't believe how bad most of them are. I don't think of myself as a pro player, I'm like maybe a little over the average. Or so I like to think. But then in FEAR, I have the most kills almost everytime. There ain't time to count the frag rates but my gues is I'm the best in those aswell since usually I play like 70-25. And usually that is enough to be the best. Ofcourse there is sometimes players who give me a challenge but I can be honest when I say that 9/10 times I am the best player on the server. And I don't mean to brag, I just can't understand how there ain't any good players in FEAR.

I can't aim good. Especially when using my mouse to aim. I should change my controls to aim with my mouse and fire with one of the keyboard buttons instead of having the fire button on the mouse. It slows me down.

lol it slows you down. thats weird most ppl say they perfer mouse and keyboard to anything else for playing games like FPS's, and yet they slow you down. i guess everyone is different. i wish i had the fear demo but my a-hole step-bro wont give me his demo copy

I'm very comfortable using the mouse. I mean... it's just the best there can be.

I don't suggest u change the fire button to the keyboard, could get tricky when u walk sideways and backwards, shoot and use med packs. :) Well it would work when u get used to it.

and money_man, why don't u just download it urself?

Back
Top Bottom