Via C7-m

Yes, it does; everyone needs to be energy-efficient in this day and age.

Power freaks are the guys I hate. To quote a furry little green dude from a galaxy far, far away; "Patience!"

I get by fine with my C3 actually. I mean, okay, I would like the extra power that Turions and Pentium M's bring, but I don't mind tweaking, and plus, CPU isn't everything. There are more energy-efficient ways to boost performance; a lot of fast RAM for instance, or a lower-end dedicated graphics card; or a higher rpm HDD.

I don't game on my PC either; I'm awaiting the Nintendo Revolution's release, before I go back into that world.

Anyway, I got your joke about security, lol, damn Windows. :p

Lol :p

Thanks to the amazing work from the people at Oxford's TOCAMAC Testing Labs, in a few dozen years, power will be nothing; we'll have limitless Fusion Power from only a few dozen power plants per country. No polution effects, powered by the one thing we have, if you ask anybody in Southern America, too much of, giving off a highly funny substance, and the one thing people want more of; Oxygen. Afterall, what is a high Carbon Dioxide rating but a low Oxygen rating?

And about Security - I was moaning that it is taking over everybody's lives :p

lol, I know what you meant, I was just playing wit ya....

Oh, and er, :p :D

Anyway, yeah, this fusion power sounds great. But I'm not too happy about the fact that the documentaries I've seen and the things I've learnt at school haven't included anything about this fusion power.

Sounds real good, and hopefully the whole world adopts it.

Still, if you need a laptop with as much battery life as possible, you'll still be looking at a VIA C7-M, and the security features are still very impressive.

And of course, it doesn't justify getting a Prescott-based Pentium 4 or a Pentium D. :D

Man, the computer room I was in at school today was so hot; it had like 25 un-used Celeron D-based desktops running with a 15" CRT Monitor switched on, showing the log-in screen, so I knew why!

Lol, well you should watch better documentaries! They have had a few on Discovery Science and BBC even about it. I had a site about it once... can't remember... I'll find it eventually...

Yours can't be too good either, if you're pro-Intel. :p

Anyway, I haven't got the Discovery Channels tragically, and I don't remember seeing one on the BBC channels about fusion power. Damn, maybe I do watch lousy documentaries! :oops:

I would've thought they'd been making more of a thing about it though. Actually, come to think about it, those docs just showed how bad fossil fuels are, not about alternatives...stupid lousy global terrorism program. :(

acphenom said:
Yours can't be too good either, if you're pro-Intel.

Anyway, I haven't got the Discovery Channels tragically, and I don't remember seeing one on the BBC channels about fusion power. Damn, maybe I do watch lousy documentaries!

I would've thought they'd been making more of a thing about it though. Actually, come to think about it, those docs just showed how bad fossil fuels are, not about alternatives...stupid lousy global terrorism program. :(
Lol, I've never watched a Processor Documentary :p I don't need a load of little people moaning about how AMD is better while Intel still sell more Processors in a Day than AMD do in a week :D Bit like everybody with Open-Source and Microsoft Products; its a lot of Anti-Big Guy people tying themselves to trees and pleading with us to love mother earth and buy their Tye Dye T-Shirts, bad software, and bad processors. :D

Lol, it was on Horizon once too, mentionned in a documentary about Cold Fusion as the alternate and far more plausable route. They do actually already have a second Reactor, because their first one wasn't big enough to continue the testing properly. Got a Hydrogen Gun and everything, giant Magnet, giant Doughnut, loads of Plasma.

Haha :D Global Terrorism Program? :p They don't make a thing about it purely because of what happened when they made a thing about Cold Fusion :p Full on Fusion is a very long way away, but it is not dangerous (it stops working and you stop getting power, not you get too much power at once), it doesn't leave a radioactive thumbprint on the earth for thousands of years (it does make the area around it radioactive slightly while it is on, but it dies off in hours and it doesn't go beyond the building because Fusion by definition removes Radioactivity rather than introducing it), makes shit loads of energy once you put the initial amount in, and is just plain cool :D

Damn, I missed a few episodes of Horizon a while back. :(

Actually...I think I mighta seen it...or maybe not...I dunno, this scientist was proven wrong about something to do with atoms, can't remember exactly, but it might just have been about it.

Anyway, this fusion thing sounds REALLY sexy, but I think I'd still want a cool and quiet PC, but maybe I'd go for an X2 3800+ instead, cause they only consume about 65 watts under load, and a mere 5.8W idle, compared to the PD's and P4's, going way over 150W. Such a waste of oil!

Haha, yeah, there are so may more useful things to be doing with oil :p Annoying hippies by pouring it on them, and stopping fat guys from exploding, presuming we have Arnold Schwartzenegger there to drop him into it first; of course.

Back
Top Bottom