Largest HD

I think 2TB. Though I have seen only external ones. With on drive do u mean that XP is installed in that drive? If so then I don't think u can do it with an external one.

Internal hdd's I have seen 500GB, don't know if there are bigger ones.

XP without a Service Pack or XP SP1+?

Probably around 800Gigs. I can't be sure. I don't think though that it matters, it will support anything, internally or externall, it just won't be able to Format it or recognise it in the Disk Management.

daemon said:
I think 2TB. Though I have seen only external ones. With on drive do u mean that XP is installed in that drive? If so then I don't think u can do it with an external one.

My motherboard had a BIOS option to boot from an external hard drive. Kinda sweet - I could take my whole computer with me on one little drive.

spank_fusion said:
My motherboard had a BIOS option to boot from an external hard drive. Kinda sweet - I could take my whole computer with me on one little drive.

Pocket drives heh ? A whole operating system :)

Newegg. The biggest internal is not 800gb. I had to research on this. Hitachi made the biggest internal hard drive, 500gb. Instead of finding some new technology to add more than 133gb per platter they put 5 100gb platters in it....no new technology but they made the first .5TB internal HD.

its on newegg for 330 bucks.

I think he meant a 0.5TB hard drive.

Hitachi is going to come out with a 1TB hard drive around 2007. It uses PMR, so it allows for tons of space.

Back
Top Bottom