F.E.A.R. Performance

99tollap

In Runtime
What settings are people playing this amazing game on?
Ive got 1280x960 res, everything on max with 2xAA, 2xAF- get about 30fps.

My friend reckons he gets a smooth frame rate on his laptop (3ghz p4, 1gb ram, 9700 pro graphics card) at 1150x860, everything on max except AA/AF. Is he bullsh*ting?

Jacob- what a twat.
I lent him the demo and he goes 'I don't think its a very good game, its just like doom, i can play it at...'
Ive tried playing it at his settings and i get around 45fps and my graphics card is miles better then his crappy old 9700.

Get him to bring it into school and prove it to you! A laptop would struggle to run fear that well :confused: Thier ram tends to be slower. Even if it is a 1GB. Just go slap jacob and tell him he's being stupid :rolleyes:

And check you PM's!

Alright, I'll give him two slaps one from me and one from you. Like the pic by the way.

If anyone else doesn't know what we're on about don't worry- just look at the first post and ignore the rest.

I play it on everything on minimum, exept the texture detail (or something like that) on medium. All eye candies off, exept shadows.
And then from the cpu&ram settings everything in maximum, I think.
Resolution is 400x300 (800x600 with pixel doubling on)

My FPS varies alot. It is usually about 40-60, sometimes as low as 30, sometimes about 110. On single player I use much higher graphics, at the expense of FPS ofcourse but the FPS ain't that important in single player.

I have the demo and I have it set at 640 x 480 set on medium and It goes kinda slow, like 15fps.

mikee286 said:
I have the demo and I have it set at 640 x 480 set on medium and It goes kinda slow, like 15fps.

The mp demo? If so then I'd suggest u turn everything as low as possible. Maybe even enable pixel doubling.

In multiplayer u should have a FPS of 60 or better, then u can own everyone easily. :) The graphics are just extra. In single player something like 20 FPS is ok, u can play it fine and u can look at the cool graphics.

Back
Top Bottom