new computer

marclfc

Beta member
hi am lookin to buy a new computer and wanted to know what is the best type i can get to play mostly games on it i have £800

thanks sparky

Ok, so that's about $960 dollars. You're best bet is to go custom. With new dual cores, sli, etc. Prices have dropped on the powerful items, such as the amd cpu's, vid. cards, etc. For that much, I'd say go with an amd 64 3000+, sli mobo (for upgrades later on), 1g of ram, 200gb hd, 6800gt, some antec case with a good antec psu, xp home (or linux for free), and a plextor dvd drive.

If your happy going custom, try jac006's build.
If not, check out gladiatorcomputers or eclipse-computers for some great deals.

jac006 said:
Ok, so that's about $960 dollars. You're best bet is to go custom. With new dual cores, sli, etc. Prices have dropped on the powerful items, such as the amd cpu's, vid. cards, etc. For that much, I'd say go with an amd 64 3000+, sli mobo (for upgrades later on), 1g of ram, 200gb hd, 6800gt, some antec case with a good antec psu, xp home (or linux for free), and a plextor dvd drive.

That might go a little over the budget.

But look the prices on these items and then do some modifications to lower the price if needed. I'd get atleast a 300GB hdd.

Back
Top Bottom