Linux Terminal In Windows XP

dyserq

Fully Optimized
Hi
I was just wodnering if i could get a Linux terminal working in Windows XP, kind of like MS-DOS but it is the Linux Terminal, like bash or something like that, i just want to practise on the terminal for now, until i figure out how to get my network going on Linux so that my sister won't come complaining to me again because she can't connect to the internet :rolleyes:
Any help will be appreciated

Thanks, i'll try it out once i get back to my main computer :)

EDIT

Well i tried it out but the bash terminal won't even recognise folders ... and when i try the ls command, it would just appear blank ... just wondering but why is this happening ? :(

Umm yeah it worked, but whenever i try to change the directory destination to 'c:\documents and settings' for example, it just doesn't appear to work, i'm beginning to believe that it is because of the spaces, that the bash root shell won't recognise that the command hasn't finished
All i get when i try that is this

tmp10vo.jpg

Any ideas ? :(

Well, theres also a way for you to use the graphical system within cygwin.. is the linux machine within a network? or no linux network machine?

Yeah ... thanks ... i'll try it once i get home
I'm on a schools computer lol ... :(

EDIT

cd:\C:\Documents: doesn't appear to work ... so many problems getting used to Linux ... i was really hoping to be able to practise the terminal on Windows :( ... guess i need to keep trying

Back
Top Bottom