Temps

Feircepc

Daemon Poster
temps

ok i recently downloaded everest and according to it my temps are crazy. my cpu gets over 52c just surfing the net. i mean last night i left my pc on accident and i opened up the side panel and stuck a fan in there. when i get back about 5hours later the temps are at 62c and wont go down and the only thing running was everest. my pc gets so hot i am gonna get the 92mm zalman copper aluminum fan but a freind said something might be off about half an inch or something. i have a Asus k-8 mobo and a amd 3400. if possible can someone find the fan that might fit and y my temps are seriouly getting so high.

what are your fan setups how many where? for last resort i cut out a fan slot on my side panel. i put a tornado there wow man my p4 idles at 32c. under load 38c.

Feircepc said:
temps

ok i recently downloaded everest and according to it my temps are crazy. my cpu gets over 52c just surfing the net. i mean last night i left my pc on accident and i opened up the side panel and stuck a fan in there. when i get back about 5hours later the temps are at 62c and wont go down and the only thing running was everest. my pc gets so hot i am gonna get the 92mm zalman copper aluminum fan but a freind said something might be off about half an inch or something. i have a Asus k-8 mobo and a amd 3400. if possible can someone find the fan that might fit and y my temps are seriouly getting so high.

I wouldn't go by everest totally. I would check the everest temps against the temps in your BIOS. Always trust your BIOS temps over everything else.

well how do i check it in my bios? and dont i gotta restart my pc? and i know my cpu runs pretty hot i just need a new heatsink i think but i cant find one that fits mine.

Yes, restart. When you see any logo or anything like that, press f10, delete, f1, or something like that. You'll see a blue screen come up or something like that, and then you should look for something that says "pc health status" or something analogous. yeah. the temps should be there.

thing bout that one is its too big. way to big. and i dont really know how to put that one on its different because i need a new heatsink with it too.

My processor reached 80C the other day when i was surfing, i went to have a bath, got back and it was gone. Melted like sh!t, I did recover.

Feircepc said:
thing bout that one is its too big. way to big. and i dont really know how to put that one on its different because i need a new heatsink with it too.

ya i thought it would be to big for my comp as well so i got the slightly smaller one with a 92mm fan and i wasnt even sure if that would fit but it does easily because of how its shaped, i couldve even got the bigger 120mm one but the one i have now does a good job

can someone help me find a specific one? there was one made by asus and thermaltake that looked like jet engines or something are thoes good? it looks like i would have to flip my pc on its side so those things dont fall off. does anyone one know a really good heatsink besides zalman that can easily mount or show me some pics of how a zalman mounts on there pc?

Back
Top Bottom