Did You Know??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord Kalthorn said:
I've never been able to understand the whole racism thing people are always moaning about. Maybe its more in America or other places, lol, but its not in the majority of places I go around, even London.
You must go around with your eyes shut then, or your haunts are exclusiive clubs only, I think it's safe to say that nearly every city, or large town in England have racial problems, even more so now since 9/11, etc, as I said in an earlier post, even where I live on little ol' Isle of Wight, racism is rearing it's very ugly head, as for Portsmouth, where I was born, it's now officially the worst city in the south for this, get about more.

Maurice said:
You must go around with your eyes shut then, or your haunts are exclusiive clubs only, I think it's safe to say that nearly every city, or large town in England have racial problems, even more so now since 9/11, etc, as I said in an earlier post, even where I live on little ol' Isle of Wight, racism is rearing it's very ugly head, as for Portsmouth, where I was born, it's now officially the worst city in the south for this, get about more.

i don't think you are correct. the town i live in has not got a racial problem.
there may be one or two racial incidents, but that does not amount to a racial problem. we have one or two muggings a month, but is not a mugging problem, it is merely a continuation of what goes on all over the world. i know some areas around Bradford do have racial problems, mainly between asians and whites. that is mostly stired up by political parties around elections.

woz

wozelbeak said:
i don't think you are correct. the town i live in has not got a racial problem.
there may be one or two racial incidents, but that does not amount to a racial problem. we have one or two muggings a month, but is not a mugging problem, it is merely a continuation of what goes on all over the world. i know some areas around Bradford do have racial problems, mainly between asians and whites. that is mostly stired up by political parties around elections.

woz
I didn't say large racial problems, but surely even a few racial incidents, large or small, can be called a racial problem for that area?
You are lucky to live in the town that you do.

Hmmm... I'm not sure what you mean by a racial problem? Sounds like a racist remark to me :D Haha.

You don't get rid of a 'racial problem', if indeed there is one, by going around saying there's a racial problem and saying everybody should be nice to each other and we should all hold hands and dance the funky mumba. My personal answer to it is to not care eitherway. It will happen, you will not change people's opinions about people; coloured or not, muslim or christian, straight or gay, everybody is essentially the same. Just because somebody is in a minority of any kind doesn't mean if you're in a majority that you should change what you talk about or do just because you're talking to a person in a minority. Then, suddenly, there are no minorities. You create just as many social gaps when you place more tact on people as you do when you place less tact on people. If you have a racist joke, who is to say a black guy would not find it just as funny as a white guy? Just like if you're gay and you have a pussy joke, you wouldn't not say it just because you were with a straight person. Or if you're a guy and you have a sexist joke, you don't just not say it because there's a girl around. Who is to say the girl would not find it as funny as the guy?

It just confuses me; people create too many standards.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Hmmm... I'm not sure what you mean by a racial problem? Sounds like a racist remark to me :D Haha.

You don't get rid of a 'racial problem', if indeed there is one, by going around saying there's a racial problem and saying everybody should be nice to each other and we should all hold hands and dance the funky mumba. My personal answer to it is to not care eitherway. It will happen, you will not change people's opinions about people; coloured or not, muslim or christian, straight or gay, everybody is essentially the same. Just because somebody is in a minority of any kind doesn't mean if you're in a majority that you should change what you talk about or do just because you're talking to a person in a minority. Then, suddenly, there are no minorities. You create just as many social gaps when you place more tact on people as you do when you place less tact on people. If you have a racist joke, who is to say a black guy would not find it just as funny as a white guy? Just like if you're gay and you have a pussy joke, you wouldn't not say it just because you were with a straight person. Or if you're a guy and you have a sexist joke, you don't just not say it because there's a girl around. Who is to say the girl would not find it as funny as the guy?

It just confuses me; people create too many standards.

point 1: "My personal answer to it is to not care eitherway." if everyone had the same attitude we would still be in the dark old days of aparthide!

point 2: it is actualy wrong to call black people coloured. they are black, not coluored.

point3: "If you have a racist joke, who is to say a black guy would not find it just as funny as a white guy?" how can you think that? you would not go into a black district in london, and tell the locals a couple of your rascist jokes would you? no because you would get lynched!!

woz

lol, i woz joking, it looked as if you were argueing then i looked and thought ops, i was joking.lol

Did you know this thread wasn't supposed to turn into a racism debate?

Did you know that Murder has a double meaning?
1: To take the life of another
2: A Flock of Crows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom