file transfer issues

mighty_chick

Fully Optimized
ok my friend si trying to send me a 1gb file but MSN is taking way too long. is there any programs i can use that will do it faster?

i tried that but it takes too long to download...15 days to be exact, and im not waiting that long

well that your only option because it would take just as long or longer to upload the file from his pc to hotmail. jsut tell him to do unlimited upload speed, unless hes on 56k or something.

he could burn the thing onto a disk and mail it to you.

what about FTP's, and msn has the upload speed capped at 10kb/s so that sucks for getting 1.36gb of data

yes but the torrent is gone now, he is trying to get batman begins from my computer. but we both dont have any idea of how to do this

Sending a 1Gig file is going to be messy however you do it :p Especially straight from your computer, which is going to have a limited amount of bandwidth. Send it on a DVD I would say, or put up with the huge amount of time it will take you to send it.

Ask him to compress it ... and then ask him to upload it onto the internet using YouSendIt or Dropload ... very good :) It may take a while to upload depending on how fast his bandwidth speed is ...

Back
Top Bottom