vB3.5 Gold

I do agree with him. Not alot of the current guru's deserve it. I don't :p after my 600th or so post all my posts were crap :p.

Then again, look at LK. All of his posts couldn't be technical questions. Actually, not many of them are :p Just chit chat.

Lol, I still have way more Technical Posts than all but four or five people here have Posts altogether :D I think that's good enough, haha.

Surely the Advertising from this place would account for the upgrade cost?

lol youd think but david seems to waste it all on a class ev1 server that he doesnt need

as for hosting i can sort it if you need LK, im with 2uk2, good stuff

only fair seeing you hosted me so long for free :)

135791's forum is running 3.5Gold. It's a good bit better I'd say, nice drop-down thread management system etc.

Oh god! I completely forgot about your design! Lol, send me the pictures of you have them and I'll have them done still in the five days from yesterday morning!

Nah, I have hosting off Mike for now, but thanks anyway! I needed it short notice, he was on :D

I have downloaded the latest stable version (3.07) to test and take a look at. I want to see what is different about it to see whether it is worth changing.

Bear in mind that if we do upgrade:

CF will be down for a while
Users will loose there way for a bit
Site may loose its feel
Various risks with db curruption
A second server setup just for the upgrade which would be alot of work

etc etc

I will see if the upgrade warrants the risks

woh you have just over complicated the entire process

i see how vB manage to scam chumps into paying $150 for setup

CF wil be down for a max of an hour, depending on how fast david can upload the files and in general move
vB works the exaxt same way it always has just with alot more features, so what if a few more links apear doesnt matter, for as long as there have been humans there have been explorers

risk of database corruption is a yes but low seeing as you made the mistake of staying on an unstable un support beta, your no more at risj upgrading than you are remaining on what you are atm, but to combat this god create database backups

why on earth would you need a second server? your not even using an inch of the server you on atm why a second one, i think you have missed how the upgrade works

EDIT: your only upgrading to vb3.0.7 well then most of the risks involved have just gone, i thought you were going for 3.5

I was under the impression you wouldn't have to move anything? There are upgrade scripts from most versions? Does that not count on this Beta version?

You would probably need to upgrade from this to 3.07 to 3.5 if you were planning to go to 3.5.

Back
Top Bottom